Today I wanted to share with you how I curl my hair and what tools and products are my favorite. Everyone does it a little bit different, but this is the technique that I’ve found works best for me. 🙂
How I Curl My Hair:
1. First, I usually divide my hair into several horizontal sections because of how thick my hair is and clip the top layer up out of the way. I take the bottom layer and split it into two vertical sections so I have a section on the right and one on the left.
2. Starting on the left side, I hold my curling wand upside down and wrap a small piece of hair around the barrel, holding it there for about 10 seconds. I wrap the hair around the front of the barrel first then continue wrapping, so it is curling away from my face. (All of the pieces on the left side will be curled in the same direction). I twist the piece of hair a little bit as I twirl it around the wand. This creates more of a wavy curl. I also leave the ends out to create more of a messier, relaxed look.
3. After about 10 seconds I take away the wand and place my hand under the curl to let it cool a few seconds before letting the curl fall down.
4. I finish all of the left side and start on the right side. Now I switch the direction in which I am wrapping the piece around the barrel. Make sure your hair is curling away from your face. I finish this section and repeat these steps for the top layer of my hair.
5. After all of my hair is curled, I go through and separate the curls a bit, running my fingers through the curls, tease my hair, and smooth down any flyaway pieces. And that’s it! After you do it a few times, it becomes really easy and curling takes no time at all!
On this particular day, I decided to add a braided crown hairstyle. I braided a section of hair in the front on each side of my face. After I made two braids, I pulled them apart a little to make them looser and bigger. Then I wrapped them around the back of my head, one at a time, bringing them around, and secured and tucked in the ends with some bobby pins! It’s a cute, easy, bohemian-like hairstyle to add a little something to your loose waves!
My Tools & Products:
The specific curling wand I use is the NuMe 32mm Classic Wand. I mentioned this wand last week on Black Friday. Some of the reasons why I personally love this wand is that it heats up really fast, it’s easy to use, and it leaves my hair feeling really soft! The size of the barrel, 32mm, is perfect for loose curls/waves which are my favorite. NuMe also has different sizes of curling wands and other hair styling tools like straighteners and hair dryers (and they always offer great deals and coupons on their products too!). And so… if you didn’t take advantage of the Black Friday deal, don’t worry!! There is another great deal going on this week! You can get TWO Classic Wands for $34 by using code 34WANDS! (They are originally $139 each!!!) Definitely check them out! This deal expires tomorrow so take advantage of it while you can!
I think any of the NuMe products would make the perfect Christmas gift for your mom, sister, friend, or for yourself!
The Classic Wand is coated with tourmaline-infused ceramic which gives your hair a really pretty shine. NuMe also has other curling wands, called the Magic Wands, which are made of 100% Titanium. I have a 25mm Magic Wand on the way and I am so excited to get it!!! I am curious to see how the slimmer barrel will work on my hair and am anxious to see what other differences there are! I will update this post once I get it to let you know what I think! *Update – I received the Magic Wand and absolutely love it! It heated up very quickly and I like how there is a temperature control button. The 25mm barrel created tighter curls, but I still loved the outcome (see post here)! One of the biggest pluses for me was that my curls lasted and held up really well into the next day. I am sooo happy with the Magic Wand!
NuMe also has a deal for their Magic Wands going on now too. You can get one Magic Wand for $35 with promo code SNOWMAN25 (originally $149!!). This code is good until the end of the year!
A few of my favorite hair products include:
– It’s A 10 Miracle Leave-in Product – to act as a heat protectant, detangler, and much more (I always make sure to use some kind of heat protectant spray before styling my hair with any kind of heat.)
– Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil – to smooth ends and tame flyaways
– The Wet Brush – to brush through my thick hair
Whew! Ok so there you have it. That’s a little bit about my curling routine. I’m definitely not an expert, but I wanted to share what works for me with you! By the way, the sweater I am wearing in these pictures is currently on sale! I’ll have it linked with the hair products that I mentioned below.
So, do you have any special curling techniques you use? What are some of your favorite hair styling tools and products? Let me know! xo.