This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DunkinCreamers #CollectiveBias
Packing for a road trip can seem overwhelming. In order to get to your destination, there is a lot of planning that goes into your trip beforehand. You definitely don’t want to forget ANYTHING but you also don’t want to overpack and be crammed in the car for hours (been there done that!). In the past I have made list after list after list. These lists usually get lost in the mix of things and I’ve found myself lying in bed the night before we leave not only wondering where my lists are but also thinking about everything I’m probably forgetting.
My mom has always told me that what you forget, you can buy. I’ve always liked that motto. 😉 So let’s talk about a few steps to becoming organized and packing with ease! I’ll also share some essentials to take with you on your road trip this summer!
– First, make a packing list on your smartphone. This way you won’t lose your list and you’ll always have it with you when you think of something to add. Another great thing about making a list in your Notes App is that it will be saved on your phone and you will have this list to reference to for your next trip!
– Next, create categories within your list so you can easily arrange items and check it over at the end. You can organize your items into categories such as Essentials, Entertain and Eat.
– Then, run through your morning and evening routine in your head to make sure you remembered all of the necessities. I mentally play out my routines so that I know I have all of the important things that I use to start out and finish my day.
– Finally, get a head start on items that can be packed ahead of time. Don’t be afraid to start packing “too early.” One way to do this is to purchase travel size toiletries and get those packed away so that you don’t have to wait until the last minute to pack all of your daily bathroom items. You can also plan out and pack some outfits ahead of time too! A tip for packing clothing items is to pack basics that are easy to mix and match!
Here are a few items to get you started on your road trip list!
– Mini emergency kit
– Multiport USB chargers
– Pillow and blanket
– Make a road trip playlist
– Travel journal
– Camera and/or video camera to document all of the fun memories!
– Download some smartphone apps for traveling like Audible, to listen to audio books, and States and Plates, a fun license plate game!
– Snacks to munch on like trail mix, fruit, or granola bars
– Bottles of water
– Travel cup or mug
– Coffee is a must on a road trip but maybe the best you will come upon on your journey is gas station or hotel coffee. A good way to jazz it up is with some delicious creamer, like the Dunkin’ Donuts® Coffee Creamer Singles which are so convenient and easily accessible at your local Walmart. 🙂 Go stock up on any of the delicious flavors, Vanilla, Caramel, or Hazelnut, for your trip! They are perfect to throw in your bag and take with you anywhere because there is no refrigeration needed! (And don’t forget about the Dunkin’ K-Cups® too! You can have your favorite Dunkin’ Donuts® coffee all the time right from your home!)
Traveling is one of my most favorite things to do but packing is usually the hardest and most stressful part. I hope these packing steps and organizing tips can be helpful to you! Do you have any fun road trips planned for this summer? I’d love to hear about them in the comments! Thanks for stopping by today! xo.