We celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary this week! It’s been fun reminiscing together about the last four years.. thinking about where we started and where we are now. Below are some of my own thoughts after 4 years of marriage..
1. A LOT can happen in a few years. 3 houses in 4 years. As crazy and busy as our life together has been so far, it makes me that much more excited to think about what’s to come.
2. Getting married young is pretty awesome. We hear all the time how we don’t look old enough to be married. But getting married young (I was 20, Jesse 23) was the right decision for us. We feel super blessed that God brought us together so early in our lives and that we get the chance to experience so much together!
3. Opposites really do balance each other out. I think that’s why it just works. Wouldn’t life be boring if we were all the same?
4. When life gets stressful, we remind each other we’re on the same team. When tough times come, we have to remember to stick together and be that support system that each other needs.
5. Honoring each other’s successes is important. Celebrating milestones and each other’s achievements means the world.
6. Daydreaming about your future is super fun. Talking about your hopes for the future together is an exciting way to learn more about each other’s dreams. Finding someone who supports your passions and has just as crazy ambitions as you do is pretty cool.
7. Making it a priority to pray with each other and for each other is essential. This is THE best way you could ever start or end your day together. Also saying small specific prayers throughout the day for your spouse can be so simple yet so profound in their life!
Here’s to lots more adventures with my love! xo.