This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StyleByGoody #CollectiveBias
Finding new ways to wear your hair for spring and summer can be super fun! My go-to place to find hair inspiration is definitely Pinterest. If you head to Pinterest to seek out hair ideas, bohemian-style braids and beachy waves are everywhere. There are so many different kinds of cute braids, and beachy waves are a must for summer! (What’s great about loose waves/curls for the summer is that the messier and undone, the better!) Today I want to share with you two pretty hairstyles that are inspired by looks on Pinterest.
In order to create these cute hairstyles I headed to Walgreens, which always has a great selection in the beauty category. I was excited to see that Walgreens had a new assortment of Goody® hair products. And a nice bonus is that Walgreens currently has an in-store Goody® BOGO offer. You can buy one item and get another item of lesser value for free until June 4th!
Here are the “goodies” that I picked up. First I got the Goody® Clean Radiance™ Oval Cushion Brush. This brush has copper bristles, which I thought was very interesting. The bristles work through your hair to reduce buildup that is produced over time (this is according to how often you use the brush). Less buildup means healthier, more radiant looking hair! I also picked up the Goody® SlideProof 4MM Silicone Ponytailers, which are sold in a pack of 30. I was very interested to try out these “Slideproof” ponytail holders because ponytails and buns tend to slowly slide down and loosen for me as the day goes on. I also grabbed the Goody® Simple Styles Hair Spin Pin, sold in a pack of two. Instead of having to use a million bobby pins to hold in a bun, I was curious to try out these spin pins. Lastly, I picked up the Goody® SlideProof Spikey Silicone Black Elastics, that came in a pack of 8, to try out another one of their “SlideProof” products.
With the help of my new items, here are two hairstyles that are Pinterest-inpired and perfect for any spring or summer occasion! These laid back looks can be worn for a spring outing, summer concert, or for a day at the beach! Enjoy!
Braided Crown Bun
– Start with a small to medium section of hair near your face and begin a regular three-strand braid. Instead of crossing the outside pieces over top, cross the pieces underneath.
– After a few times, start grabbing pieces of hair from behind the braid and incorporating into your braid (like an inside-out french braid, or a dutch braid). Do not grab and braid in hair from the front, near your face.
– Once you are about half way down near your ear, continue braiding without incorporating any more outside pieces.
– When you reach the bottom, hold onto the end of the braid and pull your braid apart. Grab onto the looped pieces and lightly pull on the hair to create a “bigger and wider” braid.
– Secure the end of the braid with a hair tie.
– Create a braid on the other side of your head. Take a section and make the same kind of braid, braiding in pieces from behind the braid. Finish braiding, “pull apart,” and tie off.
– Take both braids and wrap them around the back of your head, crossing them in the back and pinning them into place. It took several bobby pins to be able to secure the braids in the back as well as tucking in the ends.
– Once the braids are pinned and tucked in place, take the rest of your hair that is left down and twist around in a low bun.
– Secure the bun with spin pins.
I think this hairstyle is really cute and adds a nice touch to a simple bun!
Half-Up Boho Bun
– Section off hair into two big sections.
– Start with one section at a time. Using a 32mm curling wand, point the wand upside down and wrap small pieces of hair around the wand, curling away from the face. Hold out an inch or two of hair at the end uncurled.
– When all of the hair is curled in the first section, start curling section number two on the other side. Wrap each piece of hair the opposite way – curling away from the face.
– Once all of your hair is curled, take a sea salt spray and spray it throughout your curls.
– Grab a section of hair to create the top bun. Twist the hair, wrap the twist around into a knot-like bun and pull the hair up through the bun.
– Secure your bun with bobby pins or a hair tie. Pull apart and adjust the bun as you like.
– To finish off the look, grab a small piece of hair that was left down near the front and create a braid. Pull apart the braid to make it bigger and to add texture.
This boho look is such a cute and easy hairstyle to create! It looks so beachy and perfect for summer, don’t you think?
Are there any hairstyles that you are loving for spring and summer? Do you like braids and beachy waves or do you prefer straight and sleek styles? If you are needing more hair products (because I’m ALWAYS loosing bobby pins and hair ties), treat yourself and check out the great selection of Goody® products at Walgreens! Also, don’t forget to check out Pinterest for more spring and summer hair inspiration! Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed these looks! xo.