This post is sponsored by Bed Head by TIGI and Her Campus Media. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Current Bliss possible!
Summer music festivals are still in full swing. Have any of you had the chance to attend one this summer? In honor of the Lollapalooza music festival in Chicago this weekend, I wanted to share with you my hair must-haves in creating the perfect, festival-inspired hairstyle.
When I think of festival hair I think boho braids and loose waves. I turned to Bed Head by TIGI to provide me with all of the products for my festival needs! Bed Head has a huge range of high performance products, and are actually named the #1 styling brand globally. I personally love their products because, first, they can be easily found at Ulta Beauty (in-store and online), and second, their products are designed to be combined, blended, and cocktailed together.
Oh Bee Hive! Matte Dry Shampoo // Masterpiece Shine Hairspray // Catwalk Haute Iron Spray // Queen Beach Salt Infused Texture Spray // Superstar Queen For A Day Thickening Spray // Totally Beachin’ Mellow After-Sun Conditioner // Totally Beachin’ Cleansing Jelly Shampoo // Get Twisted Anti-Frizz Finishing Spray- coming soon // Headrush Shine Adrenaline Superfine Mist
There’s no doubt that you will be able to find a product that fits your needs with Bed Head. For me, there are four products that are festival must-haves, and work perfectly separate or when combined!
First, a good dry shampoo is a definite must! (I can’t live without a dry shampoo!) The Oh Bee Hive! Dry Shampoo has a very fine mist and doesn’t leave a white cast (score!). My next essential is a sea salt texture spray in order to get those loose, boho waves. The Queen Beach Salt Infused Texture Spray gives you that effortless beachy texture. On a hot and humid day, another must-have is an anti-frizz spray. The Get Twisted Anti-Frizz Finish Spray is coming soon to stores and is the perfect product to combat the heat during a festival! Finishing with a good hairspray is the final product in my festival “cocktail” recipe. Give your hair a good spritz with the Masterpiece Shine Hairspray to give a firm hold while guarding against dryness.
Below is a half-up twisted & braided hairstyle that is easy to create and festival approved:
– This hairstyle works perfectly on second-day hair, so start by using Oh Bee Hive! Matte Dry Shampoo on your roots.
– Use the Queen Beach Salt Infused Texture Spray, focusing on the bottom half of your hair to get piecey, loose waves.
– Grab two front sections on each side of your head and create a twist, twisting away from your face.
– Bring the twists around the back of your head and secure with a small elastic.
– Grab two more sections in the front, one on each side underneath the other twists. Create a twist on either side and bring them back underneath the other twists and secure with an elastic.
– Lightly pull apart each twist to give them volume and make them fuller.
– Create a messy fishtail braid from the second twist.
– Spray a bit of the Get Twisted Anti-Frizz Finishing Spray on any fly-away pieces.
– Finish with the Masterpiece Shine Hairspray, to hold everything in place.
And that’s it! These are my four must-have products to create the perfect festival look!
Are any of you heading to Lollapalooza this weekend? If you are, Bed Head is hosting the “Bed Head Hotel,” which is taking place at the Hard Rock Hotel in downtown Chicago. You are invited to stop by to get a cute festival hair look done and of course, hear some great music!
Thanks so much for stopping by today, friends! Happy August! xo.