This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Got2bYou #CollectiveBias
Hey friends! I hope you are having a great week so far! Do any of you ever swoon over the gorgeous braids you see all over Instagram and Pinterest? I know I do. And let me tell you, I’ve tried my fair share of braids and oftentimes they don’t turn out as gorgeous and voluminous as the ones in the photos. I have very thick hair so I’ve always struggled with the heaviness of my hair weighing everything down. But I was determined to try again and this time I found a solution to my braid woes and wanted to share it with you guys!
If you are looking for a cute, everyday braided hairstyle to wear, or maybe a braided hairstyle to go with a halloween costume this year, check out my tutorial below!
Voluminous Pull-Through Braid
1. Wash your hair and brush it out. Use the Got2b® Volumaniac Mousse in your damp hair and distribute evenly. (This is the first key to a voluminous braid!!) Either blow dry or air dry your hair. When your hair is completely dry, begin the hairstyle by gathering a section of hair near your temples and secure it with a small hair elastic.
2. Clip that ponytail out of the way (flip it up on top of your head) and gather another section of hair right below your temples, creating another ponytail and secure with an elastic.
3. Now that you have two ponytails, unclip the top ponytail and divide it down the middle into two sections and place them around in front of your shoulders out of the way for now. Take the second ponytail and flip it on top of your head
4. Create a third ponytail in line with your ears, grab the two sections that were in front of your shoulders and incorporate them into the ponytail and secure with an elastic.
5. Just as before – unclip the ponytail on top of your head and divide into two sections and place in front of your shoulders out of the way. Take your third ponytail and clip on top of your head. Grab the rest of your hair, with the two sections in front of your shoulders, to create the last ponytail.
6. Keep repeating this pull-through pattern. Unclip the ponytail from the top of your head, separate into two, place in front of your shoulders, and clip the other ponytail up.
7. Once you get far enough down on the braid, it is easiest to pull the braid over your shoulder and continue that way until you reach the end. Secure with a final elastic.
8. When you are finished braiding, use your index fingers and thumbs to “pull apart” the loops to make them fuller. The second key to getting a fuller braid is lightly spraying the Got2b® Volumaniac Hair Spray on the loops and continue pulling apart. This will give the braid some needed texture and giving it extra grit and staying power so the loop won’t slip back in and look flat.
9. Continue pulling apart your braid until you are happy with the result. Remember a slightly messy, effortless look is what you’re going for – not perfection. Finish off with one last light spritz of the Got2b® Volumaniac Hair Spray. Finally, loosely curl any pieces that fame your face and you’re done!
These two products have been the secret to giving my hair such amazing volume! I’ve tried this hairstyle numerous times in the past and it never turned out quite like this! The products literally took the braid to a new level. These Got2b® products have root boosting technology that helps create insane lift and dramatic hold. Their wide range of products, which can be found at Walmart, have something for everyone. If you are looking for volume and texture or straight and sleek styles, Got2b® has you covered. (P.s. You can earn $1 on the Ibotta app on all your favorite Got2b® items!!)
Do you have a certain braid or other hairstyle that you’ve mastered? Do you ever experiment and try new styles out? Let me know! Thanks for stopping by today! xo.