Hey there! We are getting down to the wire here. Thanksgiving is just two days away, followed by Black Friday, and then less than a week away till it’s moving day for us! (We are currently surrounded by boxes and more boxes!) Now that the holiday season is well under way and Christmas is about a month away, I wanted to share a few quick tips to save a few bucks (or earn a little extra) this season!
Money Saving Sites:
– Anytime you are shopping online definitely check out sites like Ebates, first. Ebates is a website where you get cash back on purchases. (I’ve received several checks from them!)
– Always check Amazon to see if they have lower prices on the items you are looking for (especially if you have Amazon Prime to receive free shipping).
– Speaking of free shipping, always always always search the internet for a free shipping code. I rarely will make a purchase without finding a free shipping promo first.
– Use Swagbucks to earn points by doing certain tasks including shopping online, watching videos, and answering surveys to redeem gift cards or cash to transfer to your PayPal account. P.s. – There’s also an app version! You can earn up to 10% cash back on in-store and in-restaraunt purchases.
Money Saving (and earning) Apps on the go:
– RetailMeNot is an app I always check when I am out shopping. You search a store within the app and it shows current coupon codes that are available for that store and the cashier scans the coupon right from your phone.
– Target’s Cartwheel app is definitely worth checking out if you are a frequent Target shopper! (Cause you all know I am!)
– Walmart’s Saving Catcher feature within their app is pretty much the simplest way to receive cash back. You simply scan your receipt after making a purchase and prices are compared from local competitors. If they find a cheaper price than what you paid for, you receive the difference back in cash on your app!
– For more cash back options, check out the app, Ibotta! I check this app after I go grocery shopping to see if there are any rebates.
– The Shopkick app is one of my faves! You easily earn points which are redeemed for gift cards!
– If you or a family member is military, check to see if that store (or restaurant) has a military discount. It doesn’t hurt to ask!
– Use reward points that you earn on credit card purchases to help pay for Christmas gifts!
– Earn a little extra cash this season by selling clothing or accessories you don’t wear anymore on Poshmark!
– Extra tip: Give back this Christmas by choosing your favorite charity to give back to through Amazon Smile!
Do you use any of these apps or sites when shopping? What are some of your tips? Let me know! I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! xo.